Monday, April 11, 2011

song of the day 4.11.11

so i got a new home computer over the weekend. My PC was failing and I am kind of sick of PCs as a whole, so I bought an iMac. I'm happy I did. However, the process of transferring my music over has brought up some really, kind of scary, issues. My PC was not keeping thing organized, despite my best attempts. Transferring songs from my external hard drive, which was set to automatically back up the music etc, things were missing, mis-labeled, corrupted and just generally messed up. I had some albums that were only partially saved correctly, some were unreadable and some were just plain wrong. I spent HOURS and I mean HOURS yesterday cleaning it up, thankfully my ipod transferred some of the things that were missing over, about 100 tracks. I was able to find most of the others. I am just going to need to go in and make physical copies of everything i think. But, this gives me a chance to kind of start over with my playlists and ratings etc, which is probably not a bad thing. I had a lot of crap on there.

No comments:

Post a Comment