Monday, June 28, 2010

this was stuck in my head for over a month and had no idea what it was

There is this badass band called Iron Chic and they have a cool song called "Timecop." The song comes off their "Demos" album that I got a copy mailed to me from the band 2ish years ago for a couple of bucks. I think you can get over at itunes, (which I would check or link to if I was not doing this at work)

Regardless of where you get their music, these guys rock.

I had the part that goes "re-group, re-calculate, rushing in was our first mistake, re-think, re-calibrate, set our sights on something bigger" part in my head for the past month+ but i had the lyrics all screwed up so when I Googled it, nothing came back right.

Below are the lyrics for the whole song.
"Remember when time was all we had?
no care for the sand in the hourglass
each new night was another shot
to stake our claim on a parking lot
remember when friends we're all we'd need?
day followed the night and we'd let it lead
in the basement
on the pavement
we couldn't conceive of an end to it
but it's not like that anymore
re-group, re-calculate
rushing in was our first mistake
re-think, re-calibrate
set our sights on something bigger
(maybe move on to better things)
remember the pain of growing up?
it may have hurt but it sure was fun
it made us who we are now
it gave us a mystery to figure out
this is what we waited for
these days not much has changed
except how we feel and whats at stake
but we are still the same
should we chose to linger
or move on to better things"

you can get a different album of theirs below

Shitty Rambo

No comments:

Post a Comment