Thursday, June 3, 2010

Why I love dealing with record labels directly

So yesterday I got a really cool quasi-surprise, a box in my mailbox with 17 albums in it. See, a week or so ago, mike park from Asian man records had a special deal: 25 bucks gets you at least 15 ska albums maybe more. They were all random but various bands and no duplicates. To me, this is a badass deal and a great way to get my hands on some bands I might have never heard.

I was able to get music from: bomb the music industry, potshot, skankin' pickle and a bunch of other bands. What I love about dealing with labels is the freebies. Labels really seem to appreciate customers and their support. They always seem to throw in extras when you order directly. Also, u can usually get things at a great price, know where the $ goes when you spend it and typically get things before their streetdate.

Now if my against me album or gaslight album come early I'll be stoked.


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. There's a great record store here in Bmore that you'd like called Soundgarden. They're affiliated directly with the venue hosting Insub Fest, and often have bands come in and play unplugged in the store. They also get tons and tons of albums from the labels that they either give away, or sell for next to nothing. Plus, they have killer compilation and vintage albums that make me giddy every time I go in there. It's my favorite place, mainly because it's beside the tattoo shop.

    ReplyDelete