Monday, November 8, 2010

song of the day, monday, Nov. 8

"Walls" by EMERY

"The Weak's End" is the first Emery album and helped me get through one of the darkest times in my life. While being considered a Christian band, you would probably never know it. The songs deal with various emotions and feelings and basically have a positive, "getting through it" vibe. The whole album is great and while "Walls" is not my absolute #1 track on the disc, it was the first one I heard.

I was watching JBTV, which is a local music video/interview show on late-night Wednesday, in 2004 and was wide awake. See, when I am depressed. I can't sleep. Most people lay around in bed and do nothing but sleep. But not me. I lay there and cannot shut down. But, then I heard "Walls." That song got me so pumped up that I went in search of the album the next day. That album pretty much did not leave my cd player for a month straight. Such well written songs. Somewhat uplifting but NEVER preachy. I had never heard music like this be executed so well.

If you are not into the screaming, give it 30 seconds and the whole song changes.



No comments:

Post a Comment