Wednesday, November 24, 2010

song of day, November 24

"Mr Chainsaw" from the Alkaline Trio.

"From Here to Infirmary" was the first Alkaline Trio album I owned. I bought it off the then drummer's wife. It is not that I did not like the band before then, i did. I just had no access to getting my own copies of them at the time. This was during my formative music years, like I have discussed before. This was before the internet was "the" way to get music. Before contacting a label and ordering online was an easy way. Back then you had to send "well-hidden" cash to most labels to get stuff you wanted. Best Buy carried some music, there was a record store kind of near my house that I had never heard of so I was kind of stuck. Anyway, my lady and i were listening to this album this morning and sometimes i forget how much this album influenced me at that time. I remember hearing unfinished, raw recordings of the songs in the photo lab in college thanks to his wife bringing them in. it was pretty cool.

This might be the last post this week, or it might not. I dunno. Friday i have tickets to see Brendan Kelly and Matt Skiba play, that should be rad.



No comments:

Post a Comment