Tuesday, March 16, 2010

New Music Tuesday

There are a few albums out there today that some of you might be interested in getting, along with some things you might have never known even existed.

First off, the Brendan Kelly/Joe McMahon split "wasted potential" officially hits the market today. If you are like me, you already got your copy from Red Scare a few weeks back. But, for those of you that do not have it, you can get it from:
itunes
www.anchorlessrecords.bigcartel.com
http://redscare.storenvy.com/
and online retailers like interpunk.com

Also, the Menzingers have a new ep out with 3 songs. I will be picking it up from Amazon later today, once i get off my stupid job.

Smoke or Fire, Joe McMahon's full-time band, have a 7inch out today called "Prehistoric Knife Fight" and since i can not find it really anywhere, I am going to have to order it from http://www.fatwreck.com/record/detail/241 or maybe interpunk.

Lastly, since tomorrow is St. Patrick's Day, and I tend to identify more with my Irish heritage than my German side, we have Boston's Dropkick Murphys and their new live album, aptly titled "Live on Landsdowne." I am kind of on the fence about this one personally, most of the songs seem to be almost perfect performances of the album tracks from what I can tell. I love the Dropkick Murphys and have pretty much all of the studio albums, but never bought a live one. So, like I said, I am on the fence on this one.

Over the past few weeks, there have been some great releases that I have picked up. Isles and Glaciers, the indie supergroup released an ep. This bands have Craig Owens,
Jonny Craig, Vic Fuentes, Nick Martin, Matt Goddard, Brian Southall, Mike Fuentes, all of whom have their own strong bands. Its a good one.

Also, fellow St. Paddy's favorites, Flogging Molly released a 2 disc live album and DVD. This is one I highly recommend. Something about the live performance just really kicks with this band.

No comments:

Post a Comment