Tuesday, March 30, 2010

A Very Slow New Music Tuesday

It is the end of the month, and this Tuesday is kind of a disappointment. The number of new releases is not only LOW but the quality of stuff that is out today is kind of a disappointment.

My highlights for March 30, 2010:

Flatfoot 56 - "Black Thorn"
Chicago's own Flatfoot 56 releases "Black Thorn" just late enough to not get swallowed up in the St. Paddy's day over abundance of Celtic Punk music. It is a high-energy, Celtic folk punk along the lines of Dropkick Murphy's and Flogging Molly. But this has a more universal punk appeal in my mind.

John Lee Hooker - "The King of Boogie" I Love good blues and guitar roots music etc. This is an excellent example of just that and with 21 tracks and a price of $5.99 as of this post, who can go wrong?

Jawbreaker - "Unfun (Reissue)" This is surprisingly the ONE Jawbreaker album I do not have and it is probably one of their most popular. If you have not listened to Jawbreaker, how did you find my blog? They are one of the founders of the music I love. Just great, Americana punk rock. Really, you can not even come close to finding another person that sounds like Blake Schwarzenbach (who has a new band called Forgetters I am anxious to hear an album from)

So yeah, sorry this is a short post without any real detail into the albums. I am just trying to give you direction on it. Each of the names of the bands will send you to the new album on Amazon and they are all under $8 (2 of them are $5.99). Did I miss anything?

No comments:

Post a Comment