Wednesday, March 17, 2010

well I shoulda done that earlier...

So, since I fell asleep pretty much as soon as I sat down last night, I just now downloaded the new Menzingers 3 song ep (they are calling it a single, but whatever). This is kind of the teaser to their new album "Chamberlain Waits" that is due April 10 from Red Scare.

I must say, I literally, 10 seconds into it, audibly said "holy shit, this is amazing."

So, only one of the 3 songs is not acoustic, but damn all 3 really come across very strong and very powerful. I have liked the other records that the Menzingers have put out in the past, but this little 3 song deal really gets me excited for the future of this band. For the "single" and only electric song, "I was born," to grab me that fast at this early in my day (took the day off of work), it really speaks to the power of the song and how much they have grown as musicians and songwriters.

Hey Red Scare, put up a pre-order for the full length already!

No comments:

Post a Comment