Friday, March 19, 2010

This is going to be a fun 6 months.

So, the onion has a music site called The A.V. Club. Unlike the onion, they cover real things and do not make so much of a satire about everything. Don't get me wrong, The Onion is entertaining, but my music nerd loves to have some real info and reviews from people like me. This is exactly what the A.V. Club is.

Well, the reason for this post is to share something awesome that they are doing. Its called A.V. Undercover. Basically, they took a storeroom, that was round for some reason, gave it the most bad ass Chicago flag paint scheme I have ever seen, and made a list of 25 songs. Those 25 songs are up for grabs to whatever bands come in to play them. Here's the cool part, each time a song is picked, it is removed from the list so the next band only has 24 songs to choose from. Then, the last band has no choice, they have to play the last song on the list. Every Tuesday, they will be releasing the next song. The first song was Tears for Fears, "everybody wants to rule the world" covered by Ted Leo and the Pharmacists. I will say, they did an absolutely amazing job and really made me like this song for once.

I am really excited for this new take on the cover song. Judging from the announcement video, there are going to be some cool bands participating. I know I could make out Matt and Dan from Alkaline Trio.

No comments:

Post a Comment