Thursday, March 18, 2010

Quick Shot before work

SO this morning, punknews.org had a video the for a new against me! song from their new album out June 8th. you can also link to the video from their official site. This comes on the heels of the album being leaked recently and Tom Gabel openly admitting that the leak was "no drama" and he posted the lyrics on his blog

I have not gone searching for the leaked album as I stand by my firm belief in not illegally downloading music, for many reasons but mostly so I can continue to support the bands and labels I love so they will continue to produce great music.

My initial reaction to the song/video is, "I want more." While fun and with a great little guitar riff, the song ultimately feels too short to me. I am sure that is kind of the point with the title "rapid decompression" and how they shout "is coming to an end." right as the song abruptly ends. However, it does feel truly like an Against Me! song and really gets me excited for the new album. I have seen AM! twice live and I tell you, those shows had some crazy energy to them. If you have never been to a live show to see music, they are definitely a powerful band to see live.

AM! seem to have gotten a bad rap with their last, fully new album, "New Wave" as it was too different or that they had changed. But really, does anyone want to keep buying the same album over and over again from a band that just keeps doing the same thing?

I'm excited for this release and looking forward to having a physical album in my hand for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment